Friday, April 22, 2011

Zippo and Final Book Proposal!!!

A lot has been going on in my life! I just got engaged to marry and I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and about to graduate! Damn. My Zippo books (Edition 5, title Vice) aren't quite finished yet but I will post the finished product within the next week. I accomplished what I set out to do: make the little books within them and to make the Zippo covers but now I want to finish the inside parts of the "lighters." Here are some pictures of what I've accomplished so far.






 Now, for my final book project I have rewritten a short story of mine and condensed it to about 1/10th of the original story (but with the same basic content). The written part just needs a little more editing and I'm going to include content-based illustrations that I'm making this week using watercolor with some acrylic paint over it. The story is about a group of four kids who do stupid shit and get into trouble, but it's mostly about a budding serial killer. The story is Southern Gothic-esque, gritty, weird, and blunt. I don't like a whole lot of fluff or filler stuff so it gets to the point pretty quickly. I don't require much research for this assignment because it's all stuff from my head and my life but I will be doing a bit of photo referencing from my own collection of photographs I've taken and my imagination. The book will be 20 pages total (including front and back covers) and will be approximately the same size as letter-sized paper folded in half but I haven't completely figured the size out yet. It all depends on the finished drawings. I am planning on printing it on Satin paper at the school, using full color images. Right now, I plan on making at least 30 copies, more if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment